Hey Creatives! I’m so glad you’re interested in the photos! Now, here are the super simple legal details that will help you know how to use them.
Let’s read you your rights:
Digital Image Usage and Licensing
Purchased photo downloads may be included as part of a photography service contract or purchased and downloaded from the Pixistock online store.
Pixistock and Alicia Powell grant the Purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual limited-use license to download the photos subject to the following restrictions:
This license can be used for personal or commercial use; copyright, title ownership, and all rights now and in the future, remain exclusively with Alicia Powell. There are no warranties on any of the photos, express or implied. Photographs are provided ‘as is.’
Neither Pixistock nor Pixistock’s vendors will be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of our digital products.
What you can do:
- Display on personal websites and computers.
- Use the images in digital or print advertisements.
- Crop, scale, and/or rotate the image to fit Purchaser’s promotional needs.
- Overlay the image with Purchaser’s text, graphics, or pdfs.
- Make image prints for personal or commercial use.
- Use the images to promote your business, products, and/or services on your website and social media channels.
What you may not do:
Purchaser may not:
- Resell, relicense, sub-license, redistribute without express written permission from Alicia Powell.
- Use the photographs in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Please reference here or here for further explanation of these terms.
- Scan, copy, duplicate, distribute, or otherwise reproduce individual stock images, to allow a third-party to use the images in any way.
- Use this purchase to promote photography styling related workshops, classes, flat lay tutorials/blog posts or any on or offline photography-related training.
- Incorporate photographs into trademarks, logos, or service marks. (You may overlay your own logo on the image, but the image itself MAY NOT be used as a part of a logo.)
- Make available for download.
For GRAPHIC/WEB Designers & Social Media Managers:
- You may use the images as part of a graphic/web design project or social media account graphics for an individual PAYING client.
- You MAY NOT resell or freely distribute single images to your client, apart from a design project. Note that design projects are classified as digital or print projects that require MORE design elements than a single image, such as, a new website, social media design cover or print brochure.
- You MAY NOT create derivative products from Pixistock Canva templates such as digital templates, screensavers, printables, desktop calendars, wallpapers, art prints, mugs, calendars, clipart/vectors, invitations, or any such products, either for sale or to give away for free. For example, these products are typically posted and sold on multi-vendor websites like Society6, Etsy, Envato or Creative Market.
Alicia Powell with Pixistock retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the photography on pixistock.com.
Using the free photos, purchased photos, or downloaded as a member means you agree to this photo usage agreement.
For all other terms and conditions related to downloading, membership and purchasing, CLICK HERE.
FAQ's - Free Stock Photos
How can I use the photos commercially?
You may use them for:
- Facebook/Instagram Posts
- Pinterest Posts
- Youtube headers and thumbnails
- Digital Ads
- Blog post headers
- Website headers
- Info product headers
- Opt-in popups
- Email newsletter headers
- Ebook Covers (not for resell)
- Graphic/Web designs (for individual paying clients only; see above)
- Business cards
- Slideshow/PowerPoint presentations
What type of editing can be done to the images?
Editing of the images are allowed and encouraged. I want you to visually make these images resonate with your brand, or blog. You may crop, scale, flip/rotate, change the color balance, add gradients, add text, overlay your physical products digitally, or overlay your logo.
You may not use Photoshop or any other photo editing software to erase or remove elements from the image. (For example, “I don’t like the flowers in this image- I’ll cut them out.”) This is not permitted.
I'd like photos that match the exact color and style of my brand. Where can I find those?
I provide custom photography services for brands who need photos that match in style and color to their business. I also provide product photography services. If you are interested and would like to learn more about how I can help you achieve a one-of-a-kind look online, email me at [email protected] and let’s chat!
Do I have to credit Pixistock or Alicia Powell?
While it is greatly appreciated, members/purchasers/email subscribers are not required to credit me. But I would love to see how you used the photos and feature your business! Tag me @pixistock so I can see how you’re using them to promote your brand!
Who owns the copyright?
Alicia Powell retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of all photography on pixistock.com. You may not cite any images as your own intellectual property.
If you have any questions or concerns, or need further clarification on the photo usage agreement, please email us at [email protected]